"And this new production directed magnificently by Timothy Douglas suggests why this powerful play might have been conceived as an essential prologue to the other nine,"
– DC Metro Theatre Arts, review of Gem of the Ocean at Round House Theatre
"Directed with passion and precision by Timothy Douglas,"
– DC Metro Theatre Arts, review of Long Way Down at the Kennedy Center
"If a musical can heal the world, that musical is The Color Purple — specifically, the production now playing at Portland Center Stage. It will challenge you and uplift you and give you hope."
– BroadwayWorld.com, review of The Color Purple at Portland Center Stage
"Overall it’s a difficult balancing act, the weight of the subject against the buoyancy of the music but director Timothy Douglas handles it deftly."
– Oregon Arts Watch, review of The Color Purple at Portland Center Stage
"Exuberantly and poignantly performed under Timothy Douglas’ graceful and stylish direction, Seven Guitars shines gem-like in Wilson’s 10-play cycle."
– New Haven Register, review of Seven Guitars at Yale Rep
"Around Joshi, director Timothy Douglas deploys a cast so assured that to my mind the production surpasses the distinguished Broadway incarnation."
– Peter Marks, Washington Post, review of Disgraced at Arena Stage
"The entire production of this magnificent play soars. Direction by Timothy Douglas rivets the audience throughout."
– Maryland Theatre Scene, review of Disgraced at Arena Stage
"It’s in this stirring moment of a sprawling evening at Round House Theatre, staged with insight and humor by director Timothy Douglas, that the implications of Father Comes Home from the Wars are drawn into poignantly human focus."
– Peter Marks, Washington Post, review of Father Comes Home from the Wars at Round House Theatre
"The overarching and cumulative effect of this masterwork, masterfully directed by Timothy Douglass, is an experience of brazenly original storytelling and blazingly theatrical style that will keep you riveted"
– DC Metro Theatre Arts, review of Father Comes Home from the Wars at Round House Theatre
"Not easy to deliver with continuity and cohesion, but under the crystal clear vision of director Timothy Douglas and a brilliant, airtight ensemble, this production does it with much power and grace."
– DC Metro Theatre Arts, review of King Hedley II at Arena Stage
"A dignified, full-throated piece of work that reveals Douglas' craft (if not, fully, his sense of humor and absurdity) and his impressive skills at humanistic storytelling."
– Chicago Tribune, review of Mourning Becomes Electra at Remy Bumppo Theatre Company
"Director Timothy Douglas's "Anna" moves with the rhythmic propulsion of a streamlined locomotive and the delicate restraint of a leaf sailing in the breeze, and it does what all outstanding theater must do: It whisks you into its moment, rendering all foreknowledge and outside influences irrelevant. "
– Bob Hicks, Oregonian, review of Anna in the Tropics at Portland Center Stage